Get In Touch
Seated Sewing, Prince Charles Avenue, Bowburn DH6 5DL
Seated Sewing understands that the information you trust us with is important to you, and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy explains how, when and why we collect your personal information during the course of providing services to you, under what circumstances we may disclose your personal information within our business and to others, and how we keep it secure.
· We only collect personal information about you where it is completely necessary or you have consented, and we ensure that we only collect information that we need
· We will not send you marketing material unless you have given us permission to do so
· We will not sell your personal information to third parties
· We use third party suppliers to help us provide an excellent service to you. Where we share personal information with those suppliers, we have the appropriate contracts or controls in place, which will assess the security of their processing arrangements
· We will protect your personal information with an appropriate combination of technical and organisational measures
· We record and monitor our communications with you to protect you and us for the reasons listed in Section 3
· You have rights to your information. These are detailed in Section 9
· We will endeavour to keep your personal information only for as long as we have to
· If you have a complaint about how we use your data, please see how to contact us in Section 11
· If you have any questions about how we process your information, please see how to contact us in Section 13
1. What information do we collect about you?
2. Why we use the information about you
3. How will we use the information about you?
4. Information that we share
6. Information Security
7. Transferring your information outside of the United Kingdom (UK)
8. Information we collect through your use of our websites
9. Your individual rights
10. Retaining your data
13. Who to contact in relation to processing of personal information at Seated Sewing
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
We need information about you to process your order, communicate with you regarding your order and any aftercare and to offer our range of services. We need to collect information from you to do this and to offer you the right product for your circumstances.
This can include personal information about you including information that we collect automatically, and personal information we collect from other sources.
The information we collect will include:
· Name (s)
· Contact details (postal address, email address, telephone numbers)
· Personal measurements such as face size and other body measurements as required
· The evidence of payment, but not the actual payment details as they are handled by a secure provider
· Where necessary, we may also collect the following information:
· Medical conditions
· Information about family if orders involves such members
In addition to the above, we may also collect information specifically for the following products and services:
Ordering a face mask from us will require we know your face sizes and the associated mask users’ details if the item is a gift or requires personalisation. Although we do not routinely collect personal data on under 13’s, this may from time to time require the recording of such data to ensure masks can be correctly labelled and sized. Usage of such data is limited to this purpose and the purposes highlighted above namely for aftercare
Device Skin Protection Products (DSPP’s)
Ordering a DSPP such as a PEG or Catheter cover, will by default inform us that you have either a medical condition or disability. We do not collect this data, apart from recording the fact that a sale was registered against your name and address. If you require a customised product, we may need to collect additional information including personal measurements and a basic understanding of your condition, so we can provide the best service to you. If this is the case, we will record this information securely and handle it with the sensitivity and care you would expect.
Adapted Clothing and Products
If you choose to order one of our adapted clothing products or want existing clothing adapted to your condition or disability, this will require we collect more detailed information. This is necessary so we can provide a tailored and high-quality service to you. The information we collect and record may include; understanding of you disability or medical condition, details of any medical devices you use such as wheelchair or feed pump etc, and personal body measurements ( this is not an exhaustive list ) If this is the case we will record this information securely and handle it with the sensitivity and care you would expect.
2. WHY WE USE THE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We collect your personal information for a number of reasons: so we can provide you with a tailored service, administer your order, handle any aftercare queries, protect us and you from fraud, improve the products and services we offer, and inform you of other products you may be interested in.
To process your information, we rely mainly on the following legal bases:
Performance of a contract: The use of your information is necessary to perform the contract (or sale) that you have made with us.
Legitimate interests: We may use your information for our legitimate interests, such as to provide you with the most suitable p, website experience, emails or newsletters, or to improve and promote our products and services, along with administrative, fraud prevention and detection and legal purposes.
Consent: We may rely on your consent to use your personal information for certain products and also for direct marketing purposes. You may withdraw your consent at any time, by contacting us at the address provided at the end of this Policy.
3. HOW WILL WE USE THE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
We use the personal information we collect for a number of reasons. These include:
· To set-up your order and process your details for payment
· To give you advice or guidance
· To service your order and any aftercare enquires you may make.
· Where necessary, we’ll use your information to verify your identity or those acting in your behalf
· For fraud and financial crime prevention and detection, and for legal purposes where we may need to use your information to investigate or respond to legal disputes, regulatory investigations or for compliance purposes
· We may also use your personal information to ensure we comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
· When you contact us, we record details of such contact to:
– Ensure that we have correctly followed your instructions
– Resolve any queries, issues or disputes
– Help us understand how we could improve customer service
– Help with detection or prevention of fraud or other crimes
– Assist with staff training and improve our customer experience
· We also use your information to help us improve our products and services, our prices and our customer experience through analytics, reporting and testing
· We may use your information to contact you, if we need to tell you there is an error or a product recall
· For general communications such as updated guidance on products we supply
· We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research
· If you give us permission, we will collect information from you about your experience with Seated Sewing to use as a case study. You will be provided with a copy of this article and will have the right to confirm you are happy with any wording before it is published. This information may be circulated on our website, selected review sites such as trust pilot, google business and social media. It may include:
– Names and titles
– Details about products bought
Corporate Business – In addition to the above, we may also use your information for the purpose of statistical analysis and management information to enable us to understand the volume and types of sales made against your insurance policies.
4.THAT WE SHARE
We may have to share your information with categories of third party service providers, in certain circumstances:
· Where required by law, we will share your information with third parties such as law enforcement agencies and regulatory or Government bodies. Failing to do so could result in fines or sanctions for Seated Sewing
· We use insurance companies to insure Seated Sewing as a business. Where required, we will share the necessary personal information with these insurers
· There are some instances where we need to share your information with third parties to help us detect and prevent criminal or fraudulent activities
· Where fulfilling our contractual obligations to you requires it, we will share your information with third parties. For example, to provide payment services to you
When you place an order in the webstore with Klarna Payments as the choosen payment method, information about the products in the order (name, price, quantity, SKU) is sent to Klarna together with your billing and shipping address. Klarna then responds with a unique transaction ID.This ID is stored in the order in WooCommerce for future reference.
When you place an order in the webstore with Stripe as the chosen payment method. Information shared with a payment provider to process payments includes Name, Email, Address, Phone, City, Postcode, Unique payment identifier, Payment provider identifier.
· We will share your information with third party IT providers who will support us in hosting, transferring, processing, testing and problem resolving. This enables us to provide you the services and products you need. We may also share information with third party audit companies providing expertise and assurance over our processes and controls
· We may also share your information with third parties in relation to other activities, such as training that we carry out
· In order to deliver you product and marketing campaigns, we may share your information with third party printers, distributers, and courier services
· If you contact Seated Sewing through social media, your information will be shared with our social media management platform providers
We would like to send you information about our products and services which may be of interest to you. We will collect your information for marketing purposes, if you agree, when you make a purchase, use one of our services or provide your personal information through the Seated Sewing website or social media channels.
We never sell your information to any third party and it is only used by us for our business use.
To stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes contact us at email@example.com, with (DON’T MARKET) in the subject line
6. INFORMATION SECURITY
We work hard to keep your data safe. We use an appropriate combination of technical and organisational measures to ensure, as far as reasonably possible, the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your information at all times. If you have a security-related concern, please contact us using the details provided at the end of this Policy.
7. TRANSFERRING YOUR INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED KINGDOM (UK)
In order to provide our services, the information you give us may be transferred to countries outside the UK, These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. When we do transfer your personal data outside of the UK, we ensure that any party with access to your information has implemented the necessary security and privacy measures to ensure that your personal data is kept secure and confidential as outlined in this Policy.
8. INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITES
Cookies help us understand how you use our websites, view our products and respond to our advertising, so we can tailor direct marketing and enhance our overall product and service offering to you. When you visit one of our websites, we may record your device information including IP address, hardware and software used, general location, and when and how you interact with our websites.
This information is retained and used to note your interest in our products and to improve customer experience.
When you receive direct marketing from us by email, we may use technology or links to determine how you use our direct marketing, and your interest in it.
9. YOUR INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS
You have a number of rights with regards to the personal information that we hold about you, which you will have provided as buying a product or service from us.
Right of Access – You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. We will provide you with this information within one month of receiving your request and verifying your identity. If the request is complex, we may extend the response time. We will inform you if this is the case and explain why.
Right to Rectification – We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct, update or remove information you think is inaccurate or incomplete, and we ask that you inform us promptly of any changes to your circumstances.
Right to Erasure – You may also ask us to erase your personal information from our systems, in certain circumstances. There are some specific circumstances where the right to erasure does not apply and we are permitted to hold your data. We will explain the reason for this at the time, should this occur.
Right to Data Portability – You may also ask us to move, or ‘port’, your personal information to another organisation electronically. We will only port personal information you have provided to us, that we have processed based on your consent or performance of a contract, or that has been processed automatically. We will port your personal information without charge and within one month, where technically feasible.
Right to Restricting Processing – You have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. We will inform our third parties to whom we have disclosed your personal data that they must also restrict processing. We will inform you when the restriction on processing your personal data ends.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please write to us, using the details provided at the end of this Policy outlining your specific request.
10. RETAINING YOUR DATA
Seated Seated, and the information we collect about you, are subject to various regulatory and legislative requirements. In addition, we will endeavour not to keep your personal information for longer than we have to for us to fulfil our obligations to you. Where it is not possible for us to delete your data, we will ensure the appropriate security and organisational measures are put in place to protect the use of your information.
We work hard to ensure that your personal information is treated safely and securely. However, if you have a complaint, write to us using the details provided at the end of this Policy. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
13. WHO TO CONTACT IN RELATION TO PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AT SEATED SEWING
If you would like to discuss anything in relation to this Policy or how we handle your personal information, you can reach the Data Protection Representative for Seated Sewing by writing to: Data Protection, Seated Sewing, 20 Prince Charles Avenue, Bowburn, Durham, DH6 5DL
Or alternatively you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and put ( Data Protection) in the subject line.